Thursday, May 15, 2008

Oregon

Last weekend we went to Oregon to visit all of our old friends. The idea to go started when Russell--Terry's old running friend said they should meet back in Hermiston to run the Butte Challenge. Terry was able to work his schedule so he could go. That was a little unfortunate for Russell because that was the same weekend his little brother was graduating from college in Lewiston Idaho. But Russell wasn't going to back out on Terry so he ended up driving his family to Lewiston on Friday and then driving back to Hermiston early Saturday--running the race--eating a hot dog--and driving back to Lewiston. Crazy.

Jared Westover, whose house we stayed at, also ran the race. I said I would watch his kids because his wife was busy that day.



So I watched 8 kids at the park where the race started while these 3 men ran. I figured I could handle it for 30 minutes. They were only supposed to run the 5K But as they were lining up at the starting line, Russell started yelling 10 at me. I had no idea what he was talking about until they kept running after they had finished a 5K. Then I figured that they had decided to run the 10K instead. I got a little tense after that because those kids were hard to keep track of. I had Isaac in a back pack and then I was watching Sam and Lauren who is also two. They kept going in different directions and I was constantly saying to the older kids--everyone find Lauren--everyone find Sam. Lauren and Sam also had a love hate relationship. Here is an example.




The love came when they were apart and the hate when they were together.

Anyway, Ellie and Abby had so much fun visiting their old friends. And so did Terry and I. We love the people we met while living in Hermiston.





The Westovers were so nice to let us stay with them for 3 days and we had such a good time with them. We also were able to visit with the Loughmillers (thats Russell and Jenny) as they passed back through again on Sunday on their way home to the Dalles.

Anyway, a fun time was had by all.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I love Sam and Lauren's love/hate relationship. That's too funny! You're a trooper to handle 8 kids during a longer race than anticipated! And I love the picture with all the kids in the back of the van. Glad you had a great trip and were able to visit with old friends!

Heather said...

Ha-ha! what an adventure with 8 kids. Can you imagine those families that have septuplets and such. That was nice of you to entertain everyone.