Thursday, May 15, 2008

Garden

We have put in our first garden this year. Terry has been working hard cutting out grass and hauling in dirt to get it ready to plant. We planted everything a few days before we went to Oregon. Unfortunately it froze while we were gone and all the tomato plants are dead. I guess that is when happens in Idaho if you plant before the end of May.



3 comments:

Marne said...

Aw, sorry about the tomato plants. Move to my side of the state and you can plant all that stuff by May 10th. It will be over 90 degrees here tomorrow.

Alison said...

Too bad about your tomatoes! But great job getting your garden ready. We haven't even thought of it yet. We usually have to wait until the middle of June. Are you going to replant them? Oh, and I'm so glad you posted again! You've been BUSY!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness. I read blogs from google reader and I was just thinking about how I hadn't seen anything from you lately. I guess you don't have the feed on.

Way to go on planting a garden. I was looking at marne's square foot garden and I really want to try that next year. I bought the book to learn about it. It seems like a do-able thing for me since I've never gardened on my own before.