I went to Oklahoma City with Suzette and Jodi in April. Jodi had all three of her kids and I had Isaac with me. We went to see my parents for five days--(well it would have been five days if our flight hadn't been delayed)and it was a nice relaxing trip. It started on Sunday evening when we were flying out of Salt Lake City. We got through security at the airport and were ready to board our plane when they announced there were some mechanical problems with the plane. They eventually told us our best bet would be to wait it out while they flew in some parts and then get to Denver that night. We would be put on a connecting flight early the next morning. So that is what we did. We were supposed to fly out at 6 and ended up leaving at almost 10. Then when we got to Denver they put us up in a hotel. Unfortunately our hotel was on the other side of Denver so we didn't get there until about 1 in the morning. Jodi's kids were great considering all the waiting and the late night.
We had to be back up at 5:30 in the morning to get to the plane. Somehow we managed it and the rest of our trip had no hitches.
It was good to see mom and dad. They have been on their mission for almost a year now. We were able to see some of the missionaries when we helped feed them lunch during a leadership training meeting. It was also fun to hear about how the work is going there.
We also saw the Oklahoma City bombing memorial and museum. It was really sad and touching to see what happened there.
Terry was good to let me go for five days. He was worried about handling the kids for that long, but when I got home Thursday night he had the house totally clean and all the laundry done. I had a very slight sad feeling thinking that maybe he is better at taking care of things than I am. But I haven't dwelled on it too much and am just thankful he is a good husband and dad.
3 comments:
Way to go Terry! That is fabulous to have the house cleaned and the laundry done. What a good husband!
Glad you had a good trip!
I can't believe the delays! Glad you made it through that with kids. And how fun to see your mom and dad. I bet they were so glad you came! And wow, all the laundry done and the house clean? That's incredible!!! I'm not so sure that would happen at our house... :)
Wow - I'm so behind on your life. What a fun trip! I would be in tears with 3 kids with all those delays. I'm glad you got to see your parents.
As for Terry having everything done... that is like Jimmy. Sometimes I think he can work harder than me. But I'm guessing Terry had a messy house until the day you came home and hurried and just did it all. I think we should all leave for a month and see if the husbands could handle that. :)
Post a Comment