Friday, February 1, 2008

Dance Recital


Ainsley and Abby had a dance recital last night. This is the first one for both of them and they did a great job. In fact, in dance class Ainsley gets so distracted and hardly ever does her dance, but she did the best I have seen her do last night on the stage. It was fun to watch them watch the other dances--especially Abby. She gets so excited and so into watching and she was clapping along to the beat and screaming her applause after every dance.

I was also proud of Ellie because she likes to declare how unfair life is if someone gets something she doesn't. But she sat through that whole recital and was so excited to see friends and her sisters on the stage and after the whole thing she said that was the funnest night of her life. She never sulked because she wasn't up on stage too. And she could have been sulking because she was in a class, but I felt like it was a big waste of our money so I pulled her out. Anyway, well done Ellie!!!

After the recital I had to take the kids out into a hard wind and blowing snow. It was freezing. I just noticed last night as I was putting Sam into bed what a satisfied maternal feeling I get when I can take my kids out of a storm and tuck them into a warm bed. Doesn't it seem like you could make a spiritual analogy to that?

3 comments:

Marne said...

Cute. You girls look so excited. Good job to Ellie for being so happy for others. We struggle with that too....and I know what you mean about the cold. I love being able to come home and make my kids comfortable and able to provide for them. Such a satisfying feeling.

Nathan said...

Kristi,
I have a hard time watching the other little kids dancing on stage, and wonder why they won't let me do it, too.
Ainsley and Abby are adorable.

Alison said...

I love that picture of them!!! They are so darling! It made me laugh. What cute girls Kristi!

And someday when the weather gets better I would love to see you. And I just have to ask, what is a yert? :)