On Saturday I was able to go to the temple by myself while Terry stayed home with all five kids. Good job Terry. It was nice to be at the temple again. It has been 4 or 5 months since I was able to go because of having Isaac. I kept seeing a quote I had on my fridge by President Hinckley that if we would get to the temple more often then our homes would be better places. Boy did I need to get to the temple. And now that I think of it, since Saturday I really have been a lot more patient with my kids (until Ainsley refused to stay in her room last night so I had to get a little fierce). Sunday night I knelt down to say my prayers and couldn't think of any mean things I had done to my kids that I felt I needed to repent of. That almost never happens.
While I was in the temple our session got stalled so we had to sit and wait for about 10 or 15 minutes right in the middle. These two ladies sitting behind me started whispering after a while and no one else was making a sound so it seemed everyone could hear these two. I thought it a little funny because in the course of their whispering I found out one lady had been assitant to the matron and her huband had been in the temple presidency. Shouldn't she know she shouldn't talk? Anyway, I thought it was amusing.
Here is a little picture of Isaac who is being blessed this Sunday.
1 comment:
I love that picture of Isaac. How cute! I'm so glad you were able to get to the temple. That is funny about those whispering ladies! And great job making it through a day without needing to feel sorry for something mean. That's my dream-day!
Post a Comment