Friday, February 15, 2008

Temple Dedication

I was able to go to the Rexburg Temple Celebration on Saturday evening. If I was a fancy blogger like so many other people I would track down a picture to go with this, but it just seems like it would take too much time. But the celebration was fabulous--as my friend Jenny would say. It was so fun to see all the dancers--mostly from BYU-I and hear the beautiful choir. Suzette sang in the choir, lucky girl. I had two neices and a nephew who were in it too. Parker danced and Kaylee and Kami were wheat walkers.

If someone wants to see clips of it you can find it on youtube.com and do a search for Rexburg Temple Celebration and it will bring up four or five numbers to watch. Anyway, in the program they talk about settling Rexburg and I felt so grateful to my ancestors who braved the harsh climate to create the foundation for a great city/county. My favorite part of the program was the end wehre it shows "angels" ushering the children towards the temple and my sister said originally those angels were dressed in pioneer clothes. It is comforting to think that our ancestors are still working for us and trying to help us as much as they can. There is no way I could do justice to what I saw, so I won't try to describe it but the spirit was strong there and I was so grateful to be able to see it.

On Sunday, Terry let me go to the temple dedication. I had originally told him he could go because I went to the celebration the night before while he watched the kids. But on Sunday he said I could go because this dedication was more personal for me. So I went and loved being a part of that.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I'm so glad you got to go to both. What neat experiences. And even neater that you could watch family participating. Sorry the roads were closed and we weren't able to get together! I loved talking to you on the phone tho! And I appreciate your descriptions of everything in the Celebration. It sounds wonderful!

Suzette said...

I didn't know it was on youtube.That's great.
Sue