This week I haven't felt very patient with my kids--mainly my 3 year old. She is crazy. She has so much energy I think she goes berserk because she doesn't know what to do with it. I finally realized on Valentine's Day after she had been eating candy all day that I think she was on a sugar high. She could not settle down and she was in to all kinds of trouble. So I have banned her from sugar (yeah right).
When we have scriptures at night we try and get her to hold still and settle down. But as soon as I say "Hold still" she starts flinging her body around and rocking back and forth on the couch as fast and as hard as she can. When we tell her to be quiet she says okay and then starts whispering to whoever is next to her. Maybe to her that is being quiet. Finally when we tell her she has lost her chances and she needs to go to her room, she tries to negotiate by saying, "That is my last warning okay? I"ll be good."
In spite of her crazy energy I love her and get lots of laughs from her and her fun personality. .
2 comments:
What darling photos of Ainsley! She is beautiful. And I know how you feel... I have times where I struggle like this with all 3 of mine at different times during the same day, the same hour! Didn't you have some times with Abby too? And she's grown out of it, I'm sure Ainsley will too. :)
Ainsley is beautiful! It is nice to know that others have those problems with their kids...my 4 year old Logan cannot sit still, I swear. That kid is constantly moving. Let me know when you figure out what to do!
Post a Comment