I just read in our local news that a violent sexual predator has moved in a few houses down from me. And to think that I was just telling Ellie today that I felt comfortable letting her walk around the neighborhood without an adult. Of course this news scares me. I am already a paranoid person so knowing there is someone close by with a history of this behavior is going to make me a nut case. My neighborhood is supposed to be a nice neighborhood.
Okay so since I wrote the above entry, I have looked into where this guy is exactly and he is a little farther away than a few houses. He lives.4 miles down the street. Still a little too close for my comfort, but at least I can't see his house from here.
5 comments:
What does that mean...a violent sexual predator? That he has raped someone. To be labeled a predator does that mean they target kids or what? Just curious.
Sue
That just happened in the next subdivision over from our house, right next door to our bishop who has 5 girls. all the parents are now having FHE acting out what their kids should do if a stranger comes up to them, or in their case a neighbor.
I don't know what this guy did but it said lewd behavior with a child under the age of 16. I'll have to ask my visiting teaching partner if her policeman husband knows anything about it.
Scary! I have signed up with watch dog (I think that is the name of it) and they send me emails whenever a sexual predator moves within 1 mile of my home. Although there are several around me, none of them are violent predators.
Oh my word! I'm so sorry! That would really scare me. I better check into that and see if there are any around my house. My sister-in-law has one living next door and he's been in jail but is now home. She hates it! there's probably no where to get away from things like that. Such a scary world...
Post a Comment