When we bought our house the family room had a Thomas Kinkade border around the top and the rest of the wall was gray. It looked great with the decorations the other owners had but it didn't do much for me personally. So back in November Terry started the project of taking down the darned wallpaper border. The walls stayed bare until I talked Terry into painting a couple of weeks ago. We ended up painting two walls some kind of berry color with a suede finish and two walls a color that turned out looking light yellow. We hadn't used the suede before but we had directions. However we aren't good at reading directions. Needless to say, it took us four coats of paint to get it right. I only helped with the last coat and that was only so that Terry would repaint a wall that had some obvious problems (and to cool his anger). But we are happy with it now. I just have to figure out how to decorate it now.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Paint
When we bought our house the family room had a Thomas Kinkade border around the top and the rest of the wall was gray. It looked great with the decorations the other owners had but it didn't do much for me personally. So back in November Terry started the project of taking down the darned wallpaper border. The walls stayed bare until I talked Terry into painting a couple of weeks ago. We ended up painting two walls some kind of berry color with a suede finish and two walls a color that turned out looking light yellow. We hadn't used the suede before but we had directions. However we aren't good at reading directions. Needless to say, it took us four coats of paint to get it right. I only helped with the last coat and that was only so that Terry would repaint a wall that had some obvious problems (and to cool his anger). But we are happy with it now. I just have to figure out how to decorate it now.
3 comments:
I love the red color! I've always wanted to have a red wall or two but we're always in the build-and-sell mode so I have to paint colors others might like when we sell. But someday I want a room like yours!
I LOVE the red walls!!! This is the cutest room. I think a big wreath like a grapevine or cranberry wreath or a metal star would look really cute on your red wall that doesn't have anything on it yet. SO CUTE! What a nice husband you have. (I love how you helped him with the last coat.)
Nice color choices! We have a red wall in our bedroom and I like it a lot.
Post a Comment