Sunday, January 27, 2008

Marital Differences



When Terry was trying to decide whether or not to marry me, he had one hang-up about me which was that I wasn't active enough. He loved to go out and bike ride and ski and do whatever was outside and recreational. I on the other hand am perfectly happy to sit at home and read a book or just visit. I am a home-body. But to defend myself a little, I really do like to do those things but for some reason I have to put up a fight before I will get out there. And I keep telling Terry that we always have a little baby that makes it hard to do these things but when they are older I will go play more.





So on Saturday this issue came up again. It was a pretty sunny day that was pretty warm and Terry wanted to go ski or sled or do something. I said go ahead, just take some kids. So he ended up taking Ellie and Abby and they just hiked around in some snow over in the Mink Creek area. They were all very easily entertained I have to say because they just played in some snow on the side of the road.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Love your honesty about the marial differences. :) You and Terry are cute. I'm glad your kids got to go out and play in the snow. My kids get all bundled up and then only last a few minutes. So much work getting ready for so short a time actually outside! Nice to have dad take some kids for a fun activity to help you have a little quieter time at home for a bit! I always beg Dave to take the kids somewhere, anywhere! :)

Marne said...

I am kind of the same way Kristi. Personally, I would rather send him on his way with the kids and I can read a book and have some peace and quiet. :)