We have had the most miserable week with the kids. Ellie and Ainsley both had the flu which I think I mentioned before. Sam threw up Tuesday night and then didn't eat much the next two days. Then the real fun began. He threw up everything he ate all day Friday and Saturday and still threw up a couple of times today (Sunday). The poor thing feels like skin and bones.
I took him to the doctor Friday morning for a well-child check and he looked so bad the doctor ended up just working on trying to get him hydrated for most of the visit. He had me give a syringe of pedialyte to Sam every ten minutes. Sam drank it down without any fight. He would whisper to me "More, More." I told him I couldn't give him more for ten more minutes because it would make him throw up if he drank too much too fast. He just kept looking at me with his dark brown eyes--so serious and pathetic whispering, 'More more." After I wouldn't budge he said "Pees (please). Pees." It was the most pathetic thing ever.
Anyway, he has just wanted to be held constantly for the past few days. Finally today he started perking up a bit and kept some food down. Hopefully we are over the throwing up.
2 comments:
Sounds like our house Kristi. Sigh.
Hope you guys get feeling better soon!
That sounds like a terrible flu! Holy cow! It makes me so sad when my kids are so sick and miserable and have sad-eyes. Hope Sam is feeling better!
Post a Comment