Monday, March 3, 2008

Isaacs Blessing Day


This weekend was a super busy one because we finally blessed Isaac. Jodi and I had wanted to have her baby and Isaac blessed at the same time and we hadn't been able to find a convenient fast Sunday until yesterday.

On Saturday I went to a super Saturday and made a craft (pictured below) "speedy quick" as Junie B Jones would say and then went home and way over cleaned my house. But I told Terry I felt motivated to do it so I should take advantage of my motivation. I washed all the bedding and cleaned the kids rooms spic and span as I like to say and then spent the evening cooking and getting ready for all the family that would be eating with us the next day. I felt I had everything under control.



Sunday came and we woke up early and got everyone ready for church. All the family drove to Pocatello that morning and they started arriving at about 8:30. We went to the church and Adelle and Isaac both were given beautiful baby blessings. It was nice because 2 or 3 people in my ward wrote down the blessings and so I have a record of what was said. I love baby blessings because you get a little hint of what these babys can be.

Anyway, we went to our other meetings and then zoomed home from church to get our feast ready. Once I came in the kitchen and started bustling around I realized with horror that I had forgotten to arrange for the food to be cooked. We had potatoes that should have been cooking for an hour and meat that needed to be warmed up. And there were 30 plus hungry, ready-to-break-their-fast people in the next room. I felt like a failure as a hostess. But thank goodness for microwaves. I ended up transferring the potatoes to a glass dish and warmed up as much as I could and the meat warmed pretty quickly in the oven. So people didn't have to wait too long and things turned out okay. Phew!!



After the blessing it was fun to sit around and visit with everyone. We ended up having Tom and family and Sidney and family and Cheryl from Terry's family. Shawn and Amy and kids and Suzette and Jodi and Evan were there from my family. (David and Kelley were home sick with influenza and strep throat, poor people). Evans parents were also there.
Here's Terry's family


Abby and Isaac before church

Jodi and Adelle

I liked this picture becuase they are holding each other's arms.


Anyway, it was a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Marne said...

What a great day for your family. I know how that is with food and lots of people...glad it turned out okay!

luvmy5boyscora said...

Those 2 little babies are darling. They look like they could be twins. Tell Jodi hi for me. How fun and hard to feed so many friends and family. I love your block letters that say Spring. Was that hard to do?

Alison said...

I loved this post Kristi! So fun to see so many pictures of your families. I love blessing days too. I'm already looking forward to this baby's even though he's not even born yet. I love the pictures of Isaac and Adelle together. They are both so so so cute! And your SPRING letters are darling. Great job getting your house cleaned and 30 people fed! That makes me feel tired just to imagine it! :) Glad it was a great day for your special family.