Sunday, March 9, 2008

Little Reader

Ellie is a readamaniac. She loves to read and read. She stayed home from school on Monday and read for three hours. Anyway, she just came up from bed a few minutes ago and started telling me about her book she is reading "Princess of Bamarre" and in the end a princess turns to a fairy and so she wouldn't die of the gray death and so the two princesses couldn't be together anymore. Anyway, Ellie had come up to tell me because the book was making her so sad she was starting to cry. How sweet.

Ellie did something funny a week or two ago. She talked to her school counselor one day and told Mrs. Noorda her tooth was hurting but we didn't have money to go get it fixed. She said this because I always tell her to brush her teeth well because we don't have money to keep getting her teeth fixed. We don't have dental insurance and it seems when we take our kids in we always end up spending 600-700 on getting cavities filled. Anyway, a few days later Ellie came home from school with a bag of food. I asked her where she got it and she said Mrs. Noorda had given it to her. I was puzzled for a second as so why she would give Ellie food, but then I started to figure out that Ellie must have said something to make Mrs. Noorda thing we are very poor and are in need of some essentials. I thougt it was kind of funny and very sweet of the counselor to try and help. Ellie is really embarassed and doesn't like me to talk about it. I need to call the counselor and just let her know we are doing just fine.

4 comments:

Marne said...

Isn't it fun when the kids begin to read and they love it? I love that. Good for Ellie!

That is funny about what she told her counselor...we don't have dental insurance either, and boy, it is expensive!

Jodi said...

That is really funny. I think that is something I would have been embarassed about. Will you be embarassed calling the couselor? I love how kids keep life interesting...

Alison said...

That is funny! Gosh, I can't believe you can't even afford to feed your children. :)

Ellie is following in your footsteps loving to read. She is so cute.

I'm looking forward to seeing you on Saturday! It was really fun chatting with you on the phone the other day. See you soon!

luvmy5boyscora said...

This is too funny. Don't you love it when kids say things like this? Something similar happened with my 6 year old telling my husbands boss something like this. So embarrassing!