Monday, March 31, 2008

Easter

I am a slow poke posting about Easter. But here it is. It all started On the Saturday before Easter. I had to help with our primary's Easter egg hunt so I got up early to go "hide" the eggs. Even though it was freezing we still put the eggs outside. I did have to remove a dead bird from the vicinity for sanitation reasons. We had over a thousand eggs for about 70 kids. Sheesh it was a lot of eggs but I couldn't believe how quickly they disappeared. THe whole thing was over in about two minutes. Poor Abby pretty much missed it because she bonked her head on the steeple of the church and cried and by the time she calmed down the eggs were gone.

Anyway, after that we zoomed up to Sugar City for a dinner with my family and another cousin sponsored Easter egg hunt. That was fun and I think I can put a link on here for a video. It really isn't very interesting except I think mom and dad would like to see it since they missed out. https://www.google.com/video/upload/Status?rf=1&hl=en


Sam with his stash





I really don't like myself in this picture and wish I could cut myself out. I wanted to have a picture with just the kids but we were going to be late for church.

Sunday just ended up being a quiet day. I cooked a turkey for our family (just because we already had one in the freezer) and we ate and that is about it.

5 comments:

Suzette said...

What was Abby doing up on the roof of the church? I'm trying to picture her hitting her head on the steeple. Ha.
Sue

Kristi said...

Not all steeples are on the roofs. This one is anchored into the ground. Maybe they have a different name if they are on the ground.

Dawn said...

Cute pictures. And I think you look great Kristi.

Alison said...

Darling picture of you with your kids Kristi! I still can't believe you have 5 kids. And you look so calm and happy and sane. You were that way too at McDonalds that day when I was having all my trauma. :) I wish I was more like you!

Sam looks so much like your dad! Such a cute boy.

Poor Abby and the steeple. Too bad she missed the egg hunt. That would be something that would happen to us too.

And great job removing the dead bird. That gives me the willies!

Heather said...

You look way cute Kristi. I haven't done my hair curly for months until today. all your kids are so cute. Ellie looks just like you I think. What a cute, cute family!