Monday, February 2, 2009

Terry's Heritage

Another thing we did while in Oklahoma City was track down Terry's dad's childhood home. Terry's grandparents lived in Oklahoma City for a number of years and his dad grew up there. His grandpa was a stake patriarch. My parents have met people who remember Terry's grandparents well. When we went to church my dad introduced Terry to this little old lady who loved his grandparents. So they got to visit for a while. Terry's great grandpa was the author Nephi Anderson who wrote "Added Upon". I don't know if anyone my age has heard of it, but I think maybe the older folks know what it is. Someone told us it was the inspiration for Saturdays Warriors. Whether that is true or not--I don't know. But this little lady asked Terry if he knew where she could get a copy.

Here is a picture of the house. The neighborhood is more run down now, but it looks like it use to be nice. :) It was fun to see some of the Anderson heritage.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Wouldn't it be fun to go back in time and see things when they were new and lived in and loved? I love old neighborhoods and thinking what they used to be like. That's neat about Terry's grandpa. Do you have one of his books?

Sandi said...

That's so cool - you need to tell mom about it!