On Tuesday our neighborhood had a party at the park with a trunk or treat. There was a great turn out and the kids had fun. The one thing I don't like about it is that it is dark during most of the party so if you lose a kid then it is hard to find them again. Sam was Darth Vader and so the black made it extra hard to spot him. Luckily he and Ainsley and Abby were really good about sticking right next to me the whole night(where was Terry? Good question. Somehow we were separated most of the night and I had four kids while he had none. But I am sure there was a good reason for it. Right?) Anyway the kids got tons of candy--which we were able to give away on Halloween night.
On Halloween we were running all day. I got Ellie off to school then got Abby ready for kindergarten (costume and all) and then ran and did some visiting teaching--then ran to the school and helped with Abby's party and watched the kids parade through the halls in their costumes (Terry was home with the other kids, holding down the fort--it was nice he had 11 days off in a row this month). Then we ran home and got the rest of the kids ready and got in the car and zoomed up to Sugar City for another trunk or treat. Then we went to my sisters and had taco salad and scones and talked politics. Then we zoomed over to Grandma Shirley's for some more food and more talk on politics. Then we went over to Terry's brothers in Rexburg and then we finally drove home. It was a fun busy day--but boy was I ready for a slow no responsibility day.
1 comment:
Holy busy Kristi! Do you think that you could've squeezed in a little bit more on the Friday! You are a good mom though, Casey & I decided to boycott Halloween this year, because we had been partying and dressing up all month long that we couldn't do it for one more night! So, no trick or treating, no dressing up & best of all no CANDY! We had a quaint little dinner party with a family watched a movie & played ping pong! I think that is our new tradition!
Post a Comment