Sunday, October 26, 2008

Primary Program


I am home sick today--and I missed the primary program at church. I am in the primary presidency so I feel bad, but what can you do? A stomach bug has been going through my family and Sam and I are the last ones to get it. He just fell asleep on the couch while I have been typing. He must be sick because he never just falls asleep.

Anyway, yesterday we had a primary practice at the church and it was crazy for me. Terry had a class he had to go to so I had all the kids with me. Actually Ellie wasn't with me because she was home sick. We left her home alone but she had a phone and I had a phone and I wasn't too far away. So we checked in with each other every few minutes. She likes feeling she is old enough to be by herself.

At the practice I wasn't much help. I will just describe some crazy moments. Ainsley had been doing well sitting in her chair and being good, but then she had an accident. The primary president was trying to tell her it was her turn and she moved Ainsleys chair. AInsley had been standing for a song so she sat down without looking and fell on the ground. Anyway, after this she refused to do anything and just wanted to be by me and cling to me. Then Abby came over to me in tears. I couldn't figure out what was wrong for a while. She just kept saying she didn't want to do her part. She just wanted to go home. I finally figured out that she had missed her turn to go say her part and she ended up going up at the wrong time. Another primary kid told her a little harshly it wasn't her turn. So Abby filled up with anxiety because she didn't know when she was supposed to go up. I reassured her we would make sure she knew. So in the process of calming her down, Isaac was crawling around and he crawled up on a little stand and fell backwards and bonked his head and started crying. Sam was being cranky and was crying pretty much the whole time over different things.

So at one point I had all four kids clinging to me and crying. One mom looked at me and said, "Boy you REALLY have your hands full."

Anyway, Terry called after the primary program and said it all went well and the girls all remembered their parts.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

The Great Primary Program. We had a 9 year old girl come up at the wrong time, became completely embarassed and just left the stage. E and J did great. K even got to sing I am a child of God with them. I am glad I wan't in charge :)

Heather said...

too bad about being sick. What a time at the practice. Sometimes I feel like all my kids are hanging on me and it sure wears me out physically... and emotionally. way to even attempt it though Kristi.