Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving for this year was pretty quiet. I think it is funny because we moved back to Idaho where all of our family is and then everyone left for the holidays. Well almost everyone.

We started out the festivities on Wednesday for Terry's sake because he had to work Thanksgiving day. Jodi and Evan came early Wednesday and Terry and Evan went shooting while I went to a doctors appointment and Jodi stayed home and watched 6 kids. My doctors appointment was uneventful. He checked me and I am dilated a little and effaced about 50 percent. I was disappointed because I thought maybe I would be a little be further along. But oh well.





We hung out all day and tried watching the movie "Amazing Grace" until all the kids woke up from their naps. By the way that movie is really good. It is about the man who lead the movement in England to abolish slavery and it also tells the origins of that song.
After watching the movie we cooked up a ham dinner--well Terry cooked up a ham dinner. I made some potatoes. I told Terry if he wanted to have company over he would have to cook because I wasn't feeling up to it. Terry's brother Tom and his family came later that night and ate with us. (Side Note--In the November friend there is a story called Rock Soup and the family that is in the pictures is Tom's family. Their friend is an artist and he has used them as models a couple of times.)

We had a fun time with both families.

On Thursday morning I spent the morning getting the kids all bathed and ready and I had to make an apple pie for Thanksgiving dinner. When all that was done we loaded up and drove to Sugar City where we ate dinner with my Grandma and Grandpa Shirley, Aunt Linda, and Jodi and her family. The dinner was good because grandma is such a good cook. It wasn't very relaxing though because I spent the whole time trying to keep my kids from spilling jello and hitting the china with silverware and reaching across the table--almost spilling their water--and bothering the people they were sitting by. It is much easier when there are two parents to keep an eye on things. But we still had fun visiting and I have some pictures of what the kids did to entertain themselves.

Ainsley and Gracie, Jodi's daughter, were covering themselves with rugs and pretending to be babies.



Abby and Ellie found my favorite spot I had as a child. Grandma Shirley has a little
panel in her bedroom that folds down and I used to loved to pretend I owned a jewelry store and people had to come to the window and buy stuff from me.



And Sam walked around and picked on his cousin Sander who is so sweet and looked like he wondered why Sam kept pushing him around.



After dinner we drove home and all the kids fell asleep. They were so cranky and tired when we got home they all went to bed at 5:30--except Abby who stayed up late with mom and dad. We ended the night with a call to my parents in Oklahoma City. Suzette spent Thanksgiving with them so we all had a conference call and had a fun time visiting. It was almost like we were all together in the living room.

Anyway, we had a good holiday even though we didn't have a lot of family with us.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Kristi, It sounds like you had a great time. My kids love the story of the rock soup - that's neat that the models were Tom's family. Your kids are so cute. It is stressful to handle kids all by yourself, especially from breaking china! :) And good luck with your baby - I hope all goes well and it happens soon for you! I can't wait to hear! I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and I bet your parents missed you all so much.

Heather said...

Doctor's appointments like that can seem discouraging. One day though... you'll get there! And that photo of all the kids eating sandwiches is so fun. I love seeing everyone's kids. Jodi's daughter looks just like her. And your explanation of saving the china and the carpet from jello is such a classic thing. Hopefully we'll get to see you sometime since we're heading west. Let me know when you have your babe!