I already typed something once and hit the wrong button so it was all erased. GRRRRRR!!! So I am going to try again. But this will be more brief. I still have a baby kicking me in the ribs and I have no signs that delivery is imminent. However, on Wednesday the doctor told me he would induce me next Thursday morning if I want. So that is the plan, but I am doing all I can to go into labor before then. Well not all I can. I draw the line at taking castor oil.
I am trying to keep busy each day because I get really grouchy if I sit around and think and wait. Yesterday I drove to Rexburg to see Jodi who had her baby on Wednesday morning. I have been praying that she would have a good labor because her last two were such horrible experiences. This one was great. She had an epidural and she only had to push for 10 minutes and it was all over. Adelle was born weighing 6 pounds 3 ounces and she is so cute and tiny. She did get everyones heartrate up when she had the cord wrapped around her neck a couple of times. The midwife delivering had to cut the umbilical cord before the baby was out, something she has done only once in the last ten years. But everything is fine.
Tonight our kids were so wound up. It was one of those nights when I feel overwhelmed by them. It started out with Ainsley breaking an ornament in K-mart because she wouldn't stop touching the Christmas trees. Then at dinner she spilled a couple of glasses of water. All the kids were being crazy so we told them to go get ready for bed. They all got their pajamas on (except Sam) and then ended up in the bathroom together. Not good. Terry and I just looked at each other. He finally went and got the camera just to document what he was going to find. He found Sam chewing on two toothbrushes that weren't his, Abby and Ainsley washing their feet, and Ellie doing what she was supposed to. There was water everywhere. As I cleaned up the bathroom, I imagined having another little baby screaming in the background and I wondered if I am going to survive the next few years. Probably only with divine intervention. Anyway, I am going to try and post the video clip Terry took.
4 comments:
Oh - wow! So much going on. I hope your delivery goes well. I hear with the baby in the ribs thing... it's not very pleasant. I'm glad Jodi's delivery went well. She has 3 kiddos - wow! As for bedtime... ay-ay-ay! Generally at 6 p.m. I'm wondering if it's bedtime yet. And then once the kids are asleep I finally breathe a big sigh. Phew! Keep a goin'!
Like Heather said, wow! Lots going on. Life with little ones is always chaotic it seems. I look forward to bedtime too! Tell Jodi congrats...that is great. My 3rd was my easiest delivery too. Nice when that happens. Good luck with your induction Kristi!
Kristi, hey there! It's Coralee. I am pretty new to blogging too and it is so fun to find people who were such good friends in high school, but have just lost contact with. I linked over from Heather's blog. I love your bedtime story. It is so classic. I think you will do just fine with 5 kids. I have 4 boys and I have lucked out with my last 2 boys being so much more easy-going and peaceful babies than my 1st 2. I wish you the best with your new baby and I think it is so sweet to have a Christmas baby. I have one of those and we just put him under our tree and thought he was the best gift ever. Good luck and may I add you to my links? By the way, how did you end up with so many darling girls (and boy)? Do you know what this one is or are you going for a surprise??
I am so glad to hear of normal chaotic moments at your house! That makes me laugh. It seems our bedtime routine is like that everynight, and I sigh with relief if we make it through it with no fights and no one crying.
Congrats to Jodi! I'm glad all went well with her delivery.
And good luck this week! I'll be thinking of you on Thursday morning (if you haven't had him already!) We just got back from Salt Lake and as we passed through Pocatello I thought of you and sent out hello thoughts through the air. I would love to have stopped to visit you and sometime I really will make it down there.
Best of luck!!!
Post a Comment