Sunday, May 29, 2011

House House House

Well I guess I could blog even though it is 10:30 at night. But Terry was really nice and let me have a long Sunday nap--probably because I was so grouchy. So I am not too tired right now.

The reason I entitled this house house house is because that seems to be the only thing on my mind lately. Selling and buying a house is a very stressful endeavor, mostly because we don't have a realtor involved and we are having to handle everything ourselves. I hate it. I hate the business aspect of things--talking about who pays what or working out contracts. I will be so glad when we are settled in a new place. But we are grateful to have found a buyer for our house.

This last week we found a house that we really like outside of Rexburg and we have been working on a price all week and getting an offer in to the sellers. We hope to get a signed contract in the next day or two. But I am really excited about the house and its location. It is an area I have always loved as I grew up.

Terry started his new job at BYU-I this last Monday. I went up with him for his orientation. Mom and dad watched Sam and Isaac. It was a little dry going through all of the benefits and things--although we are really excited to have benefits. There were none at his last job. We are really excited for this opportunity.

Anyway, this last week was Sam's preschool graduation. He was really excited about it. Only Isaac and I could go because Terry had to work and everyone else was in school. When we arrived Sam's teachers Mrs. Dogget and Mrs. Hendricks told Sam they really need his good singing voice because the class that had already had their graduation got scared and no one could hear them. So Sam was called and boy did he answer that call.




I just have to say that as we were driving to his graduation he was singing in the back of the car and I was thinking to myself that he is getting really good pitch and tone. So I had to laugh as soon as he started singing his songs in his program. He went into yelling monotone mode. And it sounded like he was trying to sing an octave higher than everyone else. He was totally drowning out the other 9 or 10 kids. But he was really proud of himself.

He must have really worn himself out with the excitement. This is what I saw later that night after he had gone to bed.



We have been laughing at Sam and Isaac this last week or two. They have been quoting the line from Harry Potter 7 (yes we are evil parents who let our little kids watch it--although they have only seen edited versions). But they love to quote the line "Bill! Look Away. I'm hideous." They do it when they are changing their clothes and they take of their shirts. Except when Isaac says it he says "Wook away. I'm ideous."



Abby had pioneer day a week ago. When she was getting ready for it I asked her what kind of activities she would be doing. She named off a few and then mentioned square dancing. She said she sure hoped she got to choose her own partner. I asked who she would choose and she said Austin Dye-a boy from our ward. I asked why, thinking it was because she liked him. But she said because there are a lot boys who are gross--like they wipe their noses on their hands. And she really didn't want to touch their hands. I wouldn't want to hold their hands either.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yay Kristi! You got up another blog!- and it's so fun to see what goes on with your day to day stuff that I usually don't know about. The picture of Sam sleeping in his graduation hat is so cute, and we all got a laugh about "look away. I look hideous!" What funny boys:)