Sunday, August 2, 2009

Other odds and ends

Some other things that have happened in July that I want to remember but am not going to go into lengthy detail about are the following:

My 33rd birthday. Terry treats me great! We went swimming and had some family over for a barbecue.

10 year anniversary celebration. Really our anniversary was in June but we went to Park City last week and left our kids with releatives (who we were very grateful for). We spent two nights there and had fun running together and mountain biking and eating and shopping for our kids school clothes (how romantic). We were also able to go to the temple the first day in Provo. So it was nice, but I was glad to see our kids again on the last day.

Gee family reunion. I love my reunions with all my cousins. I have always had them growing up and I have thought I have such a fun family. It was fun to see everyone and everyone's kids. We went to Rigby Lake Friday and it was windy and rainy but the die-hards were there in the water. I was on the sand out of the water.

Nate and Dawn were also able to make it out for a week. They haven't been home to visit for about 2 or 3 years. So that was fun.

So those are the things we have been doing.

Just a random thought I had yesterday. I really hate mopping floors. So it is a good thing my kids spill so much on the floor because it forces me to wipe up the spilled on areas and keeps it a little bit cleaner than it might otherwise be if it had to wait for me to get the ambition to clean the entire floor.

3 comments:

Saville Family said...

Happy Birthday! I turned 33 this year, too. I don't know how I feel about my 30's....sounds like you are running to keep in shape, how is that going for you? Are you training for a marathon someday, too? Glad your family is well!

Marne said...

Happy Birthday! I turn 33 in Novemeber and quite excited about it actually. My husband on the other hand hates getting older. He turns 35 tomorrow and is all depressed that he is halfway to 40.

I feel the same way about my floors. Funny.

You guys have had some fun adventures this summer!

Alison said...

I hate mopping floors too. I think of you everytime I spot mop. I guess spills are a good thing otherwise my floors wouldn't get mopped either.

And, again, it was so fun to see you last week! I can't believe it was a week ago already. Can you come again today? We don't have much going on and would love visitors.